Sunday, May 6, 2012

Challenges comes with Opportunities

 

Since mid-April I had been given this enormous responsibility of being the "acting” Line Manager for our team. It is not final yet as I company needs to evaluate my performance and this gives me too some time to actually see if this is where I wanna be. So nothing is final yet…

The first time they asked me for it, I was super shocked. I was speechless. So many questions really. Specially I have peers who has so much more experience in our technology, in our product. I thought it through for a couple of weeks. This wasn’t the first time somebody asked me to try on a management post. The first I really didn’t entertain. I had my reasons. Then again, yet again the same opportunity. But this time I opted to give it a shot. There must have been something they saw in me for considering me for the post I think.

It’s a great opportunity to learn and to be able to help in as much as I could with our projects, with our team. Yes that really is my ultimate goal for I&V… for everyone to feel and see that we are One Team. I hope I’ll be able to pull it off.

Yet this opportunity comes with it so much more challenges. More emails to read, more projects to plan, more people to coordinate, more meetings, more work from home time. The very first week, I only had a few hours of sleep. So many things to fix, so many concerns to think through. I want everyone to be able to value and enjoy what we are doing. It has only been weeks and I am happy that I think I am able to address some concerns we had and I hope to be able to give more as the weeks go.

Hard as it may, I am thankful for the support of my leads and team and my family. It’s not easy task but it is a very positive challenge :)

1 comment:

  1. good luck kat! I'm sure you'll be a good manager. miss you!

    ReplyDelete